- Last Updated on June 30, 2013
Vermont Beekeepers Association
2012 Winter Meeting Agenda
Champlain Valley Exposition, 105 Pearl St. Essex Junction
Tuesday January 24th, 2012
Blue Ribbon Pavilion (adjacent to the Miller Expo Center)
8:45 Setup, Registration, & Refreshments
9:15 Welcome – President Chas Mraz
9:30 Bee Inspector’s Report, Steve Parise, VT Dept. of Agriculture
9:45 Business Meeting
- Secretary’s Report - Michael Willard
- Treasurer’s Report - Rick Stoner
- Membership Report - Valerie Wilson
- Librarian’s Report - Curtis Middleton
- Apiary Committee - Bill Mares
- Fair Committee - Doug Ouellette
- Website Committee - Greg Smela
- Certification Committee - Ross Conrad
10:15 Morning topic: "Thebenefits of within-colony genetic diversity"
Speaker: Dr. David Tarpy- Associate Professor and Extension Apiculturist, Department of Entomology, North Carolina State University.
11:15 ReportonEAS2012– Bill Mares and EAS committee Meeting
12:00 Lunch – Bringyourownorbring$,foodvendorswillbeoperatingat theshow.Unfortunatelythereare no facilities for potluck.
1:00 Afternoon topic: "Thequality of commercially produced queens"
Speaker: Dr. David Tarpy-Associate Professor and Extension Apiculturist, Department of Entomology, North Carolina State University
2:00 Open Topic/Show and Tell
3:15 Local Clubs Update