Vermont Beekeepers Association
2012 Winter Meeting Agenda
Champlain Valley Exposition, 105 Pearl St. Essex Junction
Tuesday January 24th, 2012
Blue Ribbon Pavilion (adjacent to the Miller Expo Center)
8:45 Setup, Registration, & Refreshments
9:15 Welcome – President Chas Mraz
9:30 Bee Inspector’s Report, Steve Parise, VT Dept. of Agriculture
9:45 Business Meeting
- Secretary’s Report - Michael Willard
- Treasurer’s Report - Rick Stoner
- Membership Report - Valerie Wilson
- Librarian’s Report - Curtis Middleton
- Apiary Committee - Bill Mares
- Fair Committee - Doug Ouellette
- Website Committee - Greg Smela
- Certification Committee - Ross Conrad
10:15 Morning topic: "Thebenefits of within-colony genetic diversity"
Speaker: Dr. David Tarpy- Associate Professor and Extension Apiculturist, Department of Entomology, North Carolina State University.
11:15 ReportonEAS2012– Bill Mares and EAS committee Meeting
12:00 Lunch – Bringyourownorbring$,foodvendorswillbeoperatingat theshow.Unfortunatelythereare no facilities for potluck.
1:00 Afternoon topic: "Thequality of commercially produced queens"
Speaker: Dr. David Tarpy-Associate Professor and Extension Apiculturist, Department of Entomology, North Carolina State University
2:00 Open Topic/Show and Tell
3:15 Local Clubs Update